Sunday, May 18, 2008

FLASHBACK -Summer of The flying ants

During our weekend out at Half Moon Lake ( watch for a post on 101 reasons NOT to camp there) we noticed a fair number of flying ants. This in turn brought me back to a summer of 2 wheelers and dickie dee men, of pigtails and pulling hair, and of course a summer of Jem and the Mini Pops.
The summer of the flying ants. I remember clearly that summer our yards were taken over by an astonishing amount of flying ants. I remeber my mom and cheryls mom out there with Raid cans and brooms spraying and uh brooming those ants to death. If you know where me and cheryl grew up your know the space between our side walls and fence is only about 4 feet wide along that walk way. So imagine 4 feet plus the 5 ft highish fence and the wall COVERED in flying ants all the way along the side walls. It was so gross the yard was alive. For some reason i do not remember thes edisgusting creatures anywhere but the side of the house.I certainly do not recall our mini pop listening swinging days being interrupted anyways. So yup theres my useless story for you readers.

No comments: